The EU Industry Days 2021 will take place later this month from 23-26 February 2021 in a virtual format. The theme of this year’s EU Industry Days is ‘Making Europe’s industry climate-neutral by 2050’.
IndustriAll Europe has been selected to host a session as part of the main conference agenda, entitled 'Leaving no-one or region behind: addressing the challenges of industrial decarbonisation and Just Transition in central and eastern Europe‘ on Thursday 25 February, from 10.45-12.15 hrs.
Speakers for the session are:
- Luc Triangle, General Secretary industriAll Europe
- Aleksandra Tomczak, Member of Cabinet of the Executive Vice President Frans Timmermans, European Commission
- Monika Sitárová, Head of the International Department of the Metalworkers’ Trade Union OZ KOVO (Slovakia) and Chair of the Workers’ Group of the CCMI (EESC)
- Plamen Dimitrov, President of the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions Bulgaria (CITUB) and Member of the Executive Committee of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC)
- Tomas Wyns, Project Researcher, Environment & Sustainable Development, Institute for European Studies, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) (Belgium)
The session will be moderated by Judith Kirton-Darling, Deputy General Secretary industriAll Europe.
The industriAll Europe session will take the form of a workshop to identify the specific policy needs in key European industrial regions, followed by a two-part panel discussion with Q&A.
More information can be found here
Contact: Andrea Husen-Bradley (press and communication)